Last week we bid adieu to The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier after three months of hosting the internationally touring exhibition at the DMA. Before the exhibition travels to its final U.S. museum, the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco: de Young, here are a few stats from the DMA’s presentation:
- 114,986 visitors over three months
- 16,044 postcards purchased
- 1,020 catalogues sold
- 142 ensembles
- 73 works on paper
- 49 wigs designed by Odile Gilbert
- 30 animated mannequins
- 13 weeks on view
- 6 galleries of works
- 2 custom cowboy-inspired greeters
- 1 incredible fashion designer
See the exhibition from arrival to departure and everything in between.
Kimberly Daniell is the PR Specialist at the Dallas Museum of Art.